http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ravens%20Cove/168/188/2545
Deanna Huxxely: So how are you today?
Sera Rexie: mmmm stressed LOL But semi on scedule finally
Deanna Huxxely Giggles and hands you a Chocolate
Sera Rexie: mmm tyty lol
Deanna Huxxely Smiles
Deanna Huxxely: Your very welcome
Deanna Huxxely: Hows Business been going?
Sera Rexie: good. But even if it was bad I would say good. As long as its keeping me outta trouble lol
Deanna Huxxely Laughs "Aint that the truth, But thats very good to hear"
Sera Rexie: lolol XD
Deanna Huxxely: :)
Deanna Huxxely: So what do you see Suburban Avenue as?
Sera Rexie: hard question really
Deanna Huxxely Giggles "Well we can come back to that one if youd like"
Deanna Huxxely: Or skip it alltogether
Sera Rexie: I see it as things that would be in a family home in the suburbs. Most of what I do is inspired by where I grew up and the way things look. I have a thing for coordinated colors with homes and am anti clutter. Its I guess an expression of my tastes
Sera Rexie: I make 'dream houses' and fill them with how I would LOVE to be able to fill them in rl if I could afford it lol
Sera Rexie: I try to mix classic home and furniture styles with contemporary fabrics and block colors. Though sometimes I just want to challenge myself with a theme.. like gothic or coastal
Deanna Huxxely Listens and Nods
Sera Rexie: its like..... hmm.... prim vomit from my brain dreams LOLOL
Deanna Huxxely Laughs
Sera Rexie: maybe not vomit hahaha. Its hard as really I build when I have an idea in my head on a certain color theme
Deanna Huxxely: Ahh yes lol
Sera Rexie: normally I start with needing a house with a certain amount of rooms and it goes from there.
Deanna Huxxely: Right
Deanna Huxxely: And what outcome or reaction do you hope your customers have, when buying your products
Sera Rexie: for the most part I build for family roleplay now, as that is something that I love in secondlife personally. I would love to say that I 'build for the people' but really, I build what feels right to me and hope that other people like it too
Sera Rexie: well I hope they see the quality in the products and enjoy the things that I have had fun putting into them. I guess I hope that I am helping people create warm homes for themselves and their sl families
Deanna Huxxely Smiles
Deanna Huxxely: And how does that affect you personally?
Sera Rexie: how do you mean?
Deanna Huxxely: Customers reactions I mean, Like
Deanna Huxxely: Does it inspire you more
Sera Rexie: oh well WHEN they do contact me about loving an item.. which has happened a few times. It generally means to me that I am on the right track. I generally always think I am rubbish and who would want any of this stuff. So hearing something positive does push me harder... gives me a boost I guess
Sera Rexie: <--- own worst critic
Deanna Huxxely Giggles
Deanna Huxxely: Well your work is beautiful
Deanna Huxxely: I love the cottages
Sera Rexie: tyvm lol
Deanna Huxxely: So warm and cozy
Deanna Huxxely Smiles
Deanna Huxxely: And your furniture, I wish I could buy it for my RLLOL
Sera Rexie: houses shouldnt just be a box... even if technically it IS a box. It should be somewhere you dont mind sitting for hours with your friends.. or even sitting waiting for someone to log in. I am personally ALWAYS at home in sl when Im not needed elsewhere or working on a project. So I always want my home to be a nice place to be
Deanna Huxxely Nods and Smiles
Deanna Huxxely: I feel the same
Sera Rexie: staring at a naked prim for hours when at my home location isnt my idea of a good day LOLOL
Deanna Huxxely Laughs out loud
Deanna Huxxely: Well your homes definitely give us that Homey feeling
Deanna Huxxely: A family setting, which personally I love
Sera Rexie: yep family is the most important thing to me in rl and sl
Deanna Huxxely Smiles wide
Deanna Huxxely: So how long, have you been building and creating
Sera Rexie: well.. I was never destined to be long for the stuff that people do when they first get into sl.. like clubbing and randomly bouncing around places
Deanna Huxxely: Mmhm
Sera Rexie: I started building within my first few months here. And really.. it was nothing I would have put on marketplace lolol
Deanna Huxxely Giggles
Sera Rexie: but I started learning. And generally just spent hours and hours messing around and figuring things out
Deanna Huxxely: Right
Deanna Huxxely: And now
Deanna Huxxely: Where do you see yourself in two years time
Sera Rexie: I opened a store under the name Urban Elements Design in december 09. Moved tons of times and rebranded to suburban avenue not long ago.. mostly as I found my 'groove' and narrowed down my style and this new name fitted my look far better
Deanna Huxxely: Ahh okay
Sera Rexie: gosh hard to look that far into the future in sl. I HOPE that I am still in sl, still building away, would love to start making my own sculpts or mesh items, start selling my own textures. But as with all things sl, thing change almost in a heartbeat
Deanna Huxxely Listens and Nods "Ah yes, That would be great if you still can create and sell, Your so talented"
Sera Rexie: lol thankyou, cudos must go to all the amazing sculpt map makers out there for sure. Without them I would be building giant pointy edged things lolol
Deanna Huxxely Laughs
Deanna Huxxely: Okay so more about your personal SL now lol
Sera Rexie: okies lol
Deanna Huxxely: Whats the craziest thing you have ever done
Sera Rexie: hmm
Sera Rexie: well I decorated my store managers farm with a poop prank kit.... proply not one of my most mature moments
Sera Rexie: I think realisticly the craziest thing I ever did... was buy my own sim o.O
Deanna Huxxely Giggles
Deanna Huxxely: Ah really, Is that a good crazy or a bad crazy
Deanna Huxxely: Buying your own sim I mean
Sera Rexie: .... I spent 9k on clothes.. at one store ... in one visit once lol
Deanna Huxxely: Oh my goodness lol
Sera Rexie: yeees lol
Deanna Huxxely: We have all had moments like that
Sera Rexie: I got in trouble with my rl partner for that adventure
Deanna Huxxely: Some worse then others
Deanna Huxxely: Awww :( lol
Sera Rexie: lololol
Deanna Huxxely: Everything good between you now?
Sera Rexie: oh yea course
Deanna Huxxely: Oh im glad to hear that :D
Sera Rexie: its better 9k in lindens rather than... 9k in rl
Sera Rexie: i LOVE my logic
Deanna Huxxely: Amen to that
Deanna Huxxely: LOLOL
Sera Rexie: enables me to get more shoes XD
Deanna Huxxely: A women can never have to many heels
Deanna Huxxely: XD
Sera Rexie: exactly!
Deanna Huxxely Laughs
Sera Rexie: and in sl I can walk in heels.. rl im more likely to fall over and break a hip
Deanna Huxxely Giggles
Deanna Huxxely: Its never fun
Deanna Huxxely: Especially when you fall in public
Deanna Huxxely: LOL
Sera Rexie: ikr, and knowing me thats exactly what would happen
Sera Rexie: I would be PERFECT at home
Sera Rexie: and epic fail in a mall or something
Deanna Huxxely: LMAO
Deanna Huxxely: Ditto
Deanna Huxxely: Id fall flat on my face
Deanna Huxxely: But me Id get right back up and start laughing
Deanna Huxxely: But thats all we can do right XD
Sera Rexie: exactly lol
Deanna Huxxely: lol
Deanna Huxxely: Ok so
Deanna Huxxely: Whats the weirdest thing
Deanna Huxxely: Someone has said or done to you
Sera Rexie: hmm, really nothing comes to mind
Sera Rexie: I tend to avoid social situations in sl and just stick around the few close friends I have..... wierd things... I probly dont notice lol
Sera Rexie: Im kinda odd
Deanna Huxxely: Well thats a good thing then....
Deanna Huxxely: lol im a crazy lunitic so I wouldnt notice something weird haha
Sera Rexie: lolol
Deanna Huxxely: Id be doing the weird thing lol
Deanna Huxxely: And I should have asked this question before lol
Deanna Huxxely: Would you ever like to try anything new
Deanna Huxxely: Other then Building
Deanna Huxxely: And the Meshs
Sera Rexie: I have actually done quite a bit in sl and building is sorta the one I decided on after tons of searching
Sera Rexie: Im the kind of person who HAS to be working at something or I just dont feel right
Deanna Huxxely: Ahh ok
Sera Rexie: managed clubs, managed malls, danced, hosted, modelled etc
Deanna Huxxely: Oh very cool
Sera Rexie: I built all the way through, but it was the one thing that I concistantly was happy doing
Deanna Huxxely Smiles
Sera Rexie: everything else there were moments where I wanted to turn off the lappy and never return lol
Sera Rexie: which is just my personality. I am a solitary person for the most part
Deanna Huxxely: lol
Sera Rexie: so being stuck 3000metres in the air for an entire day all alone is fine for me
Deanna Huxxely: haha
Deanna Huxxely: Well I have one more question for you and then I will let you get back to work :D
Deanna Huxxely: Since your a buzy little bee
Deanna Huxxely: lol
Sera Rexie: okies sure lol
Deanna Huxxely: Well not really a question lol
Deanna Huxxely: Is there anything you would like to say to the people of SL
Sera Rexie: Well, to my customers thanks for loving the stuff I make and I hope it has made you smile at least for a while.. and to aspiring builders... all you can do is start, play, keep playing and be driven. Dont stop for anyone........ and to everyone else.. HI! I hope your sldays are happy ones
Deanna Huxxely Smiles wide
Deanna Huxxely: Sera Thank you so much for taking the time to sit with me today
Deanna Huxxely: I hope I wasnt a huge pain in the arse
Sera Rexie: np XD I do my best to make the time
Deanna Huxxely: lol
Sera Rexie: nuu your giving me a break lolol I need people to MAKE me sit sometimes
Deanna Huxxely: Well good :D
Deanna Huxxely: Can I use a copy of your logo
Deanna Huxxely: For my blog post
Deanna Huxxely: To go with the interview
Sera Rexie: one sec I have the advertisment behing me somewhere
Deanna Huxxely: lol :))

No comments:
Post a Comment